So you’re not going to believe me when I say this, but I swear it’s true – I was never THAT girl about weddings.
You know who I’m talking about: the little girl playing dress-up by turning a sheet into a wedding dress, the teen who watches wedding movies and gets teary waiting for her turn, the woman with no boyfriend but her whole wedding planned on Pintrest. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with being those girl… it just wasn’t me. In fact, I was so certain it wouldn’t be me that I promised my then-boyfriend that I would make the entire wedding process, when we decided to go through it, as simple and smooth as possible.
Then something happened… we got engaged. And I swear it’s like something snapped in my brain as the ring went on my finger. I have become a full-fledged magazine-flipping color-scheme-planning Pintresting certifiably crazy wedding person.
It’s too late for me but maybe it’s not too late for you. If you think that you too can escape the wedding bug, be warned! Here’s what will happened when you get engaged:
- You will start staring at your finger like a crazy person – brush your hair, stare at your finger… put on makeup, stare at your finger… text message, stare at your finger…
- You will go from thinking Pintrest is a fun time killer to earnestly believing that it is a necessary part of your everyday life.
- You will become convinced that Martha Stewart doesn’t create glitter in your colors specifically to ruin your wedding.
- You’ll start calling your mother three times a day because she is the only person who will listen to you heatedly debate the difference between Vera Wang blush and David’s Bridal blush.
- You will acquire a wedding binder so full of information that your fiancee will liken you to a serial killer.
- You will, perhaps the first time in your life, understand the true power of Microsoft Excel as you begin to make A, B, and C lists of guests and their plus ones.
- Suddenly, you’ll make up for all of the time you spent NOT planning your wedding by being the craziest bride ever to get married.