What better way to celebrate the day of which single people do not speak and start off Shoeper’s Shoe Challenge than with a history of the most famous of red soles?
Here, 10 facts about the easiest way to a woman’s heart:
- Louboutin opened his first store in Paris in 1992.
- Red soles date back to Louis XIV, who wore them to attract attention while dancing.
- Louboutin was born in Paris in 1963.
- Before launching his own line, Louboutin worked with Chanel, YSL, and Maud Frizon.
- The very first pair of Louboutin red soles were painted with nail polish.
- A 12 year old Louboutin used to sneak out of school to watch the Paris showgirls perform.
- Louboutin’s red soles have inspired the Louboutin manicure and Louboutin Barbie (now that bitch really DOES have everything!)
- J.Lo. has a song dedicated to Louboutins.
- At 16, Louboutin left school to become an apprentice shoe maker.
- Every Louboutin boutique was designed by Louboutin himself.
Happy Singles’ Appreciation Day!