This set was my first experiment with alters (instead of just extending art). I’m happy with out they came out, though you can see the paintbrush lines pretty clearly. I bow to artists who can make acrylic do amazing things, because I’m not one of them (yet)!
From this project I learned that you need to alter cards people will actually use in their decks. Pretty cards do you no good if you can’t play with them. I wanted to experiment on cheap cards first in case I messed up, but as I get better I hope to move on to playable cards.
You probably notice that while there’s lots of other characters, there’s no actual Batman in this set. I ran out of time before Christmas and sort of gave up on finishing it. I still like them though 🙂